Thursday, August 21, 2008

Parade!

Well, this past weekend our city had a Celebrate (our city) Parade. It was close enough to us to be able to walk to. And, even though it was a scorcher of a day on Saturday we had a great time.

Well, okay. Gerritt and I enjoyed watching Abby watch the parade. I don't think she liked it too much.
Abby and Daddy
Mini-motorcycles.
And a final thought......
Here is the only Colorguard I saw.(There wasn't a marching band, so I was sad.) Maybe had our Colorguard back in high school had to wear cheerleader uniforms we wouldn't have been nick-named the cattleguard. (I know I wouldn't have gone out for Colorguard had I had to wear one, and I was 30 lbs lighter in high school than I am now!)


4 comments:

Heather Rae said...

they probably would have come up with something worse if we'd tried to wear the cheerleader uniforms!!

MiniMesha said...

Oh that is soo cute. I wish I could take my neices and Nephews to the parade like you do Abby. P.S. This is your cuz Analee

Monica and Stephen said...

It looks like you had fun. Go colorguard and I would have never chosen cheerleader outfits for us. We were a lot better then them. I am so sorry that we weren't able to see you when we were in Washington. We actually cut it a little shorter because I wasn't feeling well. I would recommend to anyone not to travel in thier first trimester especially it you get really sick like I do. Let's just say it took a lot longer to drive up there than it should have with all the unexpected stops I had to make.

Audrey said...

I wish we'd been in town to see the parade. I've always like our little hometown parade! Glad you guys had fun!