Well, we have said our final farewell's to the Sun. I don't expect to see it again until at least March. But, earlier this week Abby and I tried to make the best of what semblance of summer was left.
We went to a park on Monday with friends!
And then off to McDonald's for cheap lunch and more fun! The Playplace is great to run around in!
And yet again on Wednesday the sun was out. The last and final day! We went to a park again. It's so nice to get out and enjoy the weather!
Earlier this week I got a great deal on apples! So today I canned Apple Pie filling. I hope it tastes as good as it looks. (This was my first canning experience without parental supervision, yay!) We also canned some tomatoes from our garden. Yum!


3 comments:
look at all of your beautiful jars.
so satisfying to see them lined up like that i'm sure, after all that work!
Great job. They look wonderful!! Glad you can use my extra jars.
canning feels so homey, i only do it every other year, for jelly, jam, and pickles. and every year for apple sauce because we are lucky enough to have our own trees!
great job! did you use shannons cook book recipe for the canned pie filling? i want to try it. i bag and freeze my pie filling.
Post a Comment