Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tagged: 3 things

So I've been tagged, but it really just gives me a good excuse to post. I know it's been awhile........here goes nothing!

20 years ago......
1: I was 7
2: I think I was starting 2nd grade in Mrs. Munsen's class(yes I remember her name, she was one of my favorite elementary teachers.)
3: I lived in Riverton, UT (I'm scraping the bottom of my memory barrel trying to remember anything else from 1988--can't it's too hard.)

10 years ago......
1: I was starting my senior year at Bingham High School
2: I was on the Colorguard, and played the cello in the orchestra
3: I got engaged to my high school sweetheart that year, and un-engaged too.

5 years ago.......
1: I was working full-time at Jordan Credit Union in West Jordan, UT and part-time at Old Navy
2: I was contemplating a major move to Minnesota to attend UMN-Twin Cities(I got accepted into the program I wanted.)
3: But, I changed my mind and moved to Washington instead.(Well, 4 1/2 years ago)

2-3 years ago......
1: I was married to Gerritt a little over three years ago in the Seattle, WA LDS Temple!
2: I worked full-time at Watermark Credit Union in downtown Seattle.....I really loved that job.
3: We lived in a ghetto little apartment, but had so much fun being newlyweds!

1 year ago.......
1: Well, Abby was born in July last year.
2: I became a full-time Homemaker(a.k.a. I do it all!)
3: I found out that I would need surgery!

This year so far......
1: I had major chest surgery in January
2: Abby turned one and is a total hand full
3: We started looking for a house

Yesterday......
1: I did a load of laundry,
2: Cooked dinner.
3: and played outside with Abby and Gerritt

Today.........
1: Abby got a bath. Long story: Abby fell and hit her head, she was crying so hard that she threw up all over.
2: I cleaned up a head wound. No stitches needed, just a small scratch.
3: Did I mention laundry.....it's a daily occurrence around here.

Tomorrow........
1: Laundry of course
2: the weather is supposed to be nice so barring any more head wounds we'll go out to a park or something.
3: Since it will be Friday, maybe Gerritt and I will go out!

In the Next Year.......
1: Purchase our first home. ( hopefully things will work out one of these offers!)
2: I want to start my own small business. I love Photography and would love to do it professionally.
3: Hopefully get good news from my surgeon.....maybe more kids down the road.

So, that's me in a nutshell. I'd love to hear from you: Heather, Monica, Torrie. But, I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say!

3 comments:

kelly said...

wow, i learned all kinds of things about you melissa!
hmm... so you were engaged in high school?
well, i guess i practically was too.
love this post!
thanks for sharing!

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

Fun to read.... Thanks for the books. Both boys love them. I think we had Danny the Dinosaur when I was a kid, ask Gerritt if hr remembers.

Torrie said...

neat post!
i was married a year out of high school! and looking back i think if one of my kids tried that i'd die! but 10.5 years later it was still the best choice i ever made!
i don't know that i'll take the tag, but it was really fun to read yours!